New breakpoint viewer is ready!

Pagina 1/4
| 2 | 3 | 4

Door pizzapower

Expert (82)

afbeelding van pizzapower

21-03-2022, 07:09

I finished writing the new breakpoint widget, but we need testers and Qt programmers to check if the code is OK for merging.

This is the pull request. If you are interested in this feature and is an OpenMSX developer please help me by testing and reviewing it. Here are some (hopefully enticing) screenshots:


This is also the time for suggestions. Any changes needed?

Aangemeld of registreer om reacties te plaatsen

Van SjaaQ

Champion (273)

afbeelding van SjaaQ

21-03-2022, 08:03

No suggestions, but I like that somebody is improving the debugger! I will install it and use it, see where it takes me.

Van Briqunullus

Hero (554)

afbeelding van Briqunullus

21-03-2022, 09:23

Awesome! I didn't know I wanted this feature. I kind of always hit trouble with breakpoints. Mostly because I have set the wrong slot/page/segment, but after setting it's hard to check back on a breakpoint. This widget solves that.

Van mcolom

Champion (259)

afbeelding van mcolom

21-03-2022, 09:27

Really nice! Will we have the possibility to enable/disable a BP on the new widget? Normally I just add/remove conditions and BP with the openMSX's terminal when needed (perhaps there's a better way), but if we can do that with the Debugger it'd be great!

Van pizzapower

Expert (82)

afbeelding van pizzapower

21-03-2022, 12:13

SjaaQ wrote:

No suggestions, but I like that somebody is improving the debugger! I will install it and use it, see where it takes me.

Thanks. You can download it here if you use Windows or GNU. I forgot to mention that in the original message.

mcolom wrote:

Really nice! Will we have the possibility to enable/disable a BP on the new widget? Normally I just add/remove conditions and BP with the openMSX's terminal when needed (perhaps there's a better way), but if we can do that with the Debugger it'd be great!

Yes. The checkbox on the left allows the user to disable/enable breakpoints and watchpoints with a single click. The emulator doesn't know anything about disabled breakpoints, but it doesn't need to, since the debugger saves all the information about them when they don't exist on the emulator.

Van mcolom

Champion (259)

afbeelding van mcolom

21-03-2022, 12:51

+1! :-)))

Van AxelF

Champion (395)

afbeelding van AxelF

21-03-2022, 13:29

Can i download the windows compiled openmsx-debugger.EXE somewhere.?

Van pizzapower

Expert (82)

afbeelding van pizzapower

21-03-2022, 14:02

AxelF wrote:

Can i download the windows compiled openmsx-debugger.EXE somewhere.?

Yes, it's here.

Van Bengalack

Hero (602)

afbeelding van Bengalack

21-03-2022, 16:17

Niiice! I've missed this.

Van Grauw

Ascended (10617)

afbeelding van Grauw

21-03-2022, 16:55

Very nice!

Van jltursan

Prophet (2619)

afbeelding van jltursan

21-03-2022, 17:03

Yep, it'll be inmediately assimilated! Big smile

...btw, the second link doesn't works...

Pagina 1/4
| 2 | 3 | 4